Based in Timmins, Ontario, Canada, and with over 20 years corporate experience, Tatry Environmental Drilling provides contract drilling services to engineers, geoscientists and various clients in the Canadian market and includes
- Environmental Soil Sampling: Split Spoon and Shelby tube sampling
- Installation of Monitoring Wells up to 2 inch
- Geotechnical evaluations using Cone Penetration Test (CPT), Standard Penetration Test (SPT) and Dynamic Penetration Test (DPT) with Automatic Drop Hammers
- Concrete & Pavement Coring
- Geological Exploration Equipment and Services, including mine tailings and overburden sampling
Our drilling equipment fleet includes
- an Acker Soil Sentry Track Mount
- a CME 55 Truck Mount and
- a highly modified Big Beaver mounted on a track Caterpillar Multi Terrain Loader.
- Along with various support vehicles, trailers and other equipment we are equipped to get the job done.
Environmental Soil Sampling
Environmental investigations often require the collection of various soil and groundwater samples at locations where conventional drilling equipment can`t access. Tatry Drilling has developed effective methods to collect soil samples, install monitoring wells and get the job done.
When you are working in the environmental field, it`s more than equipment, our staff has the can do attitude and are always aware of the impact that our work has on your reputation as professional.
- Hollow Stem Augers
- Solid Stem Augers
- Pavement & Concrete Coring tools
- 4.25″ (I.D.) Hollow Stem augers
- Traditional method for installing 2″ monitoring wells (8.25″ O.D.)
- Can be used as a “casing” to prevent caving boreholes
- 4.0″ (O.D.) Solid Stem Augers
- used for penetrating extremely dense zones
We specialize in geotechnical drilling and can do all of the following:
- Standard Penetration Test (SPT)- ASTM D 6151-97 Penetration Test (CPT)
- Split Spoon Sampling
- Field Shear Vane Testing- ASTM D 2573-01
- Shelby Tube Sampling- ASTM D 1587-00
Environmental investigations frequently require monitoring wells. With our drilling systems, our crews can install 3/4 inch, 1.0 inch, 1.25 inch, 1.50 inch and 2 inch, 0.010 slot Schedule 40 PVC wells, depending on the site conditions and your requirements.
We have suppliers that can fulfill all of your monitoring well requirements. In our installations, we use industry-standard, high silica content sand, bentonite pellets or chips and a variety of well protectors, depending on the specific site conditions and requirements.
Concrete and Pavement Coring
We also provide the coring services on a stand-alone basis. For example if you are using another drilling contractor for your boreholes, such as a conventional truck mounted drill on a concrete pad outside, we can provide the concrete coring services to you.
Our equipment includes:
- Hilti floor stand drill press
- Diamond tip core barrel bits up to 12″ diameter
- Stand-alone cooling water source and 45 gallon reservoir
- Gas powered generator
- Hilti electric hammer drill
Our drilling system is one of the best methods of generating preliminary results without having to incur great infrastructure costs. Our rig can be mobilized into a site with only 2 helicopter moves. This method has proven very effective for sampling overburden and surface soils while looking for indicator minerals. Our systems have proven to be a cost effective method to undertake preliminary work at your site.